Thursday, June 20, 2013

Do I really need a wedding coordinator?


I thought it would be helpful to blog about one of the first questions every bride asks herself after the enthusiastic Yes! to the offer of a lifetime with her best friend and companion. Should I hire a wedding coordinator? In this blog series I plan to lay out a few points to help you answer this question for yourself and help give you some insight to how this all works. For more information about Planned 2 Perfection brides check out our reviews on Wedding Wire at: http://www.weddingwire.com/reviews/planned-perfection-weddings-oklahoma-city/b0e2e5ed4726e32a.html

These are the most common reasons I’ve heard for not hiring a wedding coordinator from people who are beginning the wedding planning process: I’d rather spend the money elsewhere, I can just do it all myself, My friends and family will help me, and finally, My venue has a coordinator anyway. Check back over the next few blogs and I will inform you on why each of these reasons has its flaws. For today, I’m starting with the “I’d rather spend that money elsewhere” complaint.

First of all, A PROFESSIONAL coordinator will have the insider scoop. What I mean by this is that she/he knows the best vendors AND the best deals. Yes, hiring a coordinator could be expensive but she knows the difference between amateur vendors and ones who will be professional and help your wedding turn out flawless. Having great vendors through your coordinator will make sure you have a cohesive and flawless wedding. Weddings can be extremely expensive but a professional knows where to get the most bang for your buck which means she’ll help you determine where to spend your budget to make sure you’re getting the wedding you want and not breaking the bank. What matters at the end of the day is that you’re married and you were able to actually enjoy your big day without all the stress! This is YOUR day. It’s more than okay to splurge on a coordinator who will be there for you every step of the way and help keep your planning process stress free.

*Side note: If you’re not sold on full coordinating, try to find companies who offer “Day-of Coordinating.” It normally costs little less but they are generally only there for the wedding day to make sure all your vendors are on the same page and your timeline runs smoothly. If nothing else, at least meet with a couple coordinators and see what they have to offer and you might just be surprised.

Not sold on hiring a coordinator yet? Check out my next blog on how having a coordinator will help keep your day stress-free.

No comments:

Post a Comment